Documents of Everyday Life
The collection of Documents of Everyday Life was composed in 1952 of selected items stored in the Jagiellonian Library.
The chronological range of this collection covers prints published after 1945 to date, with the exception of theatre posters and bookshop catalogues. The earlier prints, called printed ephemera, are partially stored in the General Stackroom and partially in the Section of Rare Books.
The collection of items that belong to the section of Documents of Social Life consists of:
- Bulletins of socio-political organisations, workplaces as well as those connected with sports and others
- Propaganda brochures
- Pricelists, declarations, selected ephemera, news-sheets
- Directories of clubs and theatres, tourist booklets, event and meeting directories
- Operating manuals of machines and tools
- Short-text calendars
- Bookshop and antiquarian catalogues
- Exhibition guides
- Death notices
- Children's books
- Member lists of social and professional organizations, lists of Members of Parliament, councillors etc.
- Materials connected with disputes and public events
- Polish norms, trade patents, patent descriptions
- Event programmes
- Protocols of proceedings
- Tourist guides
- Timetables of PKP, PKS, LOT,
- Phone directories
- Invitations, flyers
The most interesting objects:
- Ninteenth-century bookshops catalogues
- Posters of Cracow theatres from the 19th century to date (including a silk poster and the poster of the first staging of Stanisław Wyspiański's Wedding)
- Propaganda prints from 1945 to 1956.